Now and Forever

Whenever I'm weary
From the battles that rage in my head
You make sense of madness
When my sanity hangs by a thread

I lose my way but still you seemed to understand
Now and forever
I will be your man

Sometimes I just hold you
Too caught up in me to see
I'm holding a fortune
That heaven has given to me

I'll try to show you
Each and every way I can

Now and forever
I will be your man

Now I can rest my worries and always be sure
That I won't be alone anymore
If I'd only known you were there all the time
All this time

Until the day the ocean doesn't touch the sand
Now and forever
I will be your man
Now and forever
I will be your man

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

No life~~
In case my friends are wondering where the hell i've been for these few weeks - yes, i've disappeared. Disappeared in the day and officially became a vampire. Totally have no life in daytime. The only activity i have from morning 6 till aftn 2/3pm is SLEEP~

Internship starts 5 May and since then i've been posted to Mhotel JBar. As its name suggests, the operating hours are from 5 to 1/2 AM daily except for Sundays (do visit Mhotel website for more details). Though i'm a reputable nocturnal animal, this kinda lifestyle is real tiring for the 1st week! I used to slp late AND wake up late! But now, slp late and wake up TIRED. By waking up late i mean 5/6 PM. Yes, pls dun gasp. This is how i get thinner n thinner :(

Being posted to JBar in Mhotel has its pros and cons.


Pros:
1. Only 2 shifts 4-12am or 6-2am and NO split shifts! However, we'll usually go off at 2 plus no matter wad shift. Hence OT hrs that can be used to claim OFF or early dismissal
2. No work on P/H (of cos, this is nth compared to Office work :( (fei n tracy, u 2 are so lucky~)
3. The working environment so far has been nice - colleagues, managers etc, not as stress as in other departments
4. Networking! A lot of bosses come JBar u noe. Eg: Dennis Foo-St James P.S.


Cons:
1. Reach home super duper 'EARLY' and has to shower late which is not good in the long run.
2. Topsy-turvy lifestyle resulting mi not having proper life~ :(
3. Less meeting up wif my darl'
4. Less time wif family n friends and MYSELF~~
5. Life is monotonous - Slp then work then slp and it repeats


Wanted to transfer out to another dpt initially due to objections from close ones regarding the late hr by the time i reach home, safety reasons etc. However, the bar manager, F&B director and many others kept persuading mi to stay on and try etc.. It's kinda hard to turn them down. Furthermore, it's working environment is still acceptable for mi. It's only the timing that i dislike.

Hmm, jus hang in there for a few more weeks. Another 14 weeks, that is, if i'm staying in the same place for the whole 4 mths of intern. Pls say u'll support mi no matter what, will you? U have ur stand and i have mine. My cert, my future and reputation, it's all stake in. It's hard for u but it's hard for mi too. I wish i can have the choice too. But i can't be irresponsible and give up halfway cos of the timing. Hope u'll understand. Time flies, soon i'll be free again~! :)

Will post pics of my workplace if there's time, as u can see, i'm posting early in the morning! Good morning~ I'm off to bed.

Thinking out loud @ 6:51 AM.

0 comments

* The Girl *
U ARE VISITOR #: